Yesterday got away from me a bit - one teaching session (including trying Rolo out with the, quite excitable, young lad - they were fine. Then one cleaning session, one shopping session and my back decided not to play any more, followed by other joints. I was obviously hitting the wall after a few weeks off the diclofenac.
Consequently, we tried a day without training on Rolo. I have to say he 'manned up'! A couple of times he got a bit too busy so went into his crate for a chill out session. Which he did. In the evening, he proved himself to be his mum's son and spent a lot of time in the utility room snuggled on some bedding. He came when called and eventually settled with us as well.
This morning, the restarting of the diclofenac paid off so I am back to normal. Rolo will now sit and wait to be told to eat his food, with it already on the floor. He finds it too difficult as yet with the girls so he has his on his own in the kitchen while they are fed in the utility room.
Rolo then had his morning walk - waiting well when reminded, before being called out of the door. He sat when asked, with only the occasional reminder and, of course, many 'good boy's !
We walked a little further and popped in to see my almost 92 year old dad. Rolo obviously became a little excited - but was made to sit and stay before he went in. Rolo was shut in the kitchen for a few minutes while I went upstairs. He was very good - no crying or scratching. He wanted to get excited with my dad when I got him out - still on the lead. Dad was instructed not to look at or talk to Rolo, who, after a few minutes, sat down and then lay at my feet while I was talking to dad. I was very pleased with them both! ;)
Rolo is now busy chewing on a very old bone in the garden!
No comments:
Post a Comment