Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Day 2 - Leaving the crate - the video!

Rolo was a very good boy this morning.  I was down late to find quite a bit of cleaning up outside to do, so while I said hello to him, I didn't let him out of his crate a that point.  It was about 45 minutes later - having bathed Bramble and scrubbed out the kennel, before I went to let him out.  He came out so repectfully and calmly I didn't have to control him at all and naturally he had a big fuss.

Here we are a bit later. Rolo has been in his crate for about an hour since he and Bramble were becoming a little boisterous in the house. It was time fo him to have a little down time.  Here he is ready to come out, but us reminded that he waits until invited out by name. It only takes two attempts. Rolo should always come out of his crate respectfully. This is where he learns that you are the boss and control his life.  This also takes out any stress that he has to be a part of everything that happens and that he needs to be controlling things. This stress can lead to hyperactive behaviour. As a follower, he is free to enjoy the simple things in life. 

Rolo has just, as I wait for this to upload, hopped up onto the chair for a little snooze.  He was immediately told 'No!' - only gently, and pulled down, being told 'Down!' - also gently, no more was required - and told what a good boy he is when he was back on the floor, where he is now slowly falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment