Yesterday the twenty-somethings arrived. It was all very exciting for all of us!!
Rolo did very well, being introduced first. Then he did join in a little with the communal greeting.
In the pack removal through the house, I did get a mouthing around my hand. It wasn't a bite, but my hand knocked against his teeth. I grabbed his nose immediately and gave it a smack and said 'No!'. He then just wandered off with the others and played as usual. We sat around in the garden and he got used to everyone telling him to sit before he got a fuss, and then just lying around the garden. Later he went contentedly into his crate while we had dinner.
This morning he was his usual bouncy self until his breakfast arrived. He sat very well, waiting for permission to eat. Being full, the doors tended to be open and after hearing a crash I discovered Rolo jumping down off the settee, together with certain items being now on the floor. Our fault because he shouldn't have access to the whole house without more supervision than Bramble, Teasle and Molly!!!! I called him to me, by the settee and patted it to see if he would go up. He didn't, which shows he knows he shouldn't. I reinforced this by patting it again and telling him 'No!'. I then gave myself a good smack for not keeping the doors closed or watching him closely and brought them all out into the kitchen, ensuring all appropriate doors were closed.
Teasle has been setting a very bad example for a mature matron and having a lovely charge around the garden with Rolo and Bramble. She seems now to have accepted Rolo into the pack and has actually been caught playing with him. Happily, they are now all having a well earned rest, as are we. Rolo is copying his mum in lying quietly on the vet bed in the utility room while Teasle and Bramble are in the conservatory with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment